Login     Help

7.16 - Have a little faith in me by BeatrizRC, Christy, Karen, Janet

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
(A montage of images as we hear pieces of the song “The space between” by Dave Matthews Band playing in the background)

The Space Between
The tears we cry
Is the laughter keeps us coming back for more

Beaming, Joey turns around in Dawson’s arms, never leaving his hands go and wrapping herself in his arms; she leans on his chest to enjoy the show and Dawson kisses her temple softly.

The Space Between
The wicked lies we tell
And hope to keep safe from the pain

Dawson and Joey embraced, Joey still leaning on his chest, they both clapping their hands and cheering, shouting at the band, enjoining the show like two kids.

But will I hold you again?
These fickle, fuddled words confuse me
Like 'Will it rain today?'

Pacey leans in to say something to Andie and she laughs and nods her head vigorously, making Pacey smile.

We're strange allies
With warring hearts
What wild-eyed beast you be

Audrey singing out loud under Todd’s amused and why not to say it, drunk gaze. She has her arms up, singing with all of her heart, her eyes closed.

You know you went off like a devil
In a church in the middle of a crowded room
All we can do, my love
Is hope we don't take this ship down

Ethan and Sam smiling, Sam looks at Ethan and he smiles at her, raising his glass. They intertwine their arms, trying to drink that way but it turns out to be a little more difficult than they thought and they laugh as they do.

The Space Between
Where you're smiling high
Is where you'll find me if I get to go
The Space Between
The bullets in our firefight
Is where I'll be hiding, waiting for you

Jack and Paul watching the show. Paul throws a side-glance to Jack but he doesn’t even notice. He then hangs his head down, looking a little pensive, when Jack elbows him and points to something on the stage. Paul looks up following the direction of Jack’s finger and smiles, looks at Jack who is laughing and oblivious at what might be going on right now in Paul’s mind.

Take my hand
'Cause we're walking out of here
Oh, right out of here
Love is all we need here

We see now the camera moving around the place, so we see all the guest clapping hands and whistling and drinking and just having fun as they enjoy the improvised concert, just to end up in the group of friends again, they all standing close to each other and clapping hands as enthusiastically as the rest.

Just like that, Joey turns to Dawson and extends her hand to him, her palm up. Dawson looks at it then at her suspiciously but places his hand on hers just the same. She smiles and takes him to the stage, much to his surprise, but he can’t help but laugh as the guest all are clapping them when they realize what they are doing.

“You’re crazy!” Dawson laughs and yells at her in among the noise everybody’s doing.

Joey just laughs as they are handed a microphone and the music starts playing.

(“So right” by Dave Matthews Band starts playing)

Roll out down to midnight
Then roll on downtown 'til it's light
Because tomorrow we may die
Oh, but tonight we're dancing in the faint light

Joey immediately joins the singer and Dawson laughs some more, but he joins as well.

Don't you rob yourself of what you're feeling
Don't rob yourself of all that you could be
Roll hard 'til midnight
Roll 'til it's light

We see the rest of the group cheering them from down the stage and laughing as they keep singing, sharing this time the microphone with Dave Mathews, the three of them singing together, Dawson and Joey with big smiles in their faces.

Come on now
Stay up and make some memories
Yeah, with us now

Dawson makes a gesture to Andie and screams in the middle of the songs ‘For old time sakes’ and Andie laughs and grabbing Pacey´s hand, drags him to the stage despite his protests.

Roll the red carpet out with friends
To whom, to love and roll on

We see the four of them sharing a microphone as Dave steps aside. Soon Andie starts to motion Audrey to join them and Joey and Dawson call for the rest.

Our love is so right
I won't waste a minute here tonight
Our love is so right
And tonight my dance is all about you

Audrey jumps to the stage and grabs a microphone, soon joined by an enthusiastic Samantha.

Oh, how I love your pretty rock-roll kisses
Come on and stay with me
Roll on and run the red lights
Come on, this love is so right

Todd and Ethan share another microphone, and Jack joins them reluctantly at first, but then he laughs and gives in.

Stay up and make some memories
Yeah, with us now
To roll the red carpet out with friends
Oh, to love and roll on now

They keep on singing as we see the groups dissolving and mingling and then forming again, everybody having a great time.

This time is so alive
Everybody's tranced, dancing tonight
Oh so beautiful, and so strange
Oh, it was empty until you came...

More laughter, we see Dawson and Joey with Pacey and Andie singing. Audrey and Jack and Todd in another microphone. Samantha, Ethan and Dave sharing a third one.

Our love is so right
Remember let's just move together
Our love is so right
I swear it would last forever

Everybody is clapping as the song is finishing and the last we see is the stage, everybody laughing and Dawson turning to Joey, a big grin in his face, Joey turning to him, and the image freezes as they look at each other, smiling wide and happy, the last lines of the song being heard as the image fades.

Our love is so right
Forget the clouds that rain down on you
Our love is so right...

CREDITS.