Login     Help

7.10 - When We Collide by BeatrizRC, Shelly, Elyse, Karen

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Leery´s front yard.

The weather is windy and cold. 'Very Christmassy', Joey thinks to herself as she exists the old truck and she approaches the house. Dawson’s house. Who else? She tightens her coat around her and climbs the few steps that lead her to the porch and to the main door. She lets out a deep sigh and then puts a big grin on her face as she knocks on the door. Almost immediately, it is flung open.

"Hey," Dawson seems very happy to see her, a smile spreading across his face.

"Hey," she greets back, offering him a bright grin in return. "I’m coming here… on an confirming mission," she says and Dawson chuckles.

"Cool. Wanna come inside to confirm whatever it is? It’s cold outside," he asks, as he steps aside and opens the door even more, leaving room for her to step in. Joey seems to doubt for a moment. "Lily and I are watching some movies," he offers, as an attempt to convince her. But the effect is the opposite. She takes it as an excuse not to enter the house and face what she knows she will have to face eventually: the kiss. A kiss is never just a kiss, and specially not in Capeside. And specially not between her and Dawson. It never was, and it never will be.

"No, I better not," she replies, wrinkling her nose and shaking her head. "I need to head back to the B&B to help. I just decided to make a round to confirm that everybody is coming for dinner. You know, Bessie and Boddie are going mad with this whole, and huge let me add, Christmas dinner. Their first one as a married couple or whatever," Joey says, rolling her eyes and causing Dawson to laugh. "So I’m just making sure that everything is okay and everybody is ready for tonight."

"Yeah, you already told me that," Dawson just wriggles his brows. "Ever heard of a phone, by the way?"

Joey narrows her eyes and twists her mouth, "Yeah. That’s the Christmas spirit, Dawson," to which he laughs.

"Are you sure you don’t wanna come in, even for a while?" he asks. They have been hanging in New York every now and then, and even did the promised Christmas shopping together. Everything was fine between them back there. But it seems as if coming back to Capeside revives… things that they were able to put aside in the big city. A big city that allows them to pretend that they are maybe different people, with no issues to face. Whatever. Just one day in Capeside and it seems like masks start falling all around.

"Nah," she sakes her head once more. "Maybe later."

"Okay," he says, shrugging his shoulders, not wanting to pursue her.

"Okay," she agrees nodding her head. Then she sighs, smiling at him. "Well, I better go then. Remember, the best Christmas ever is waiting for you at the Potter Bed and Breakfast!" she exclaims as if she was doing a TV commercial or something. Dawson laughs.

(Music of the credits start playing)

"I’m sure of that," he says and they look at each other for a brief, but at the same time long, moment. However, neither one of them says what they want to say.

"See ya, Dawson."

"See ya, Joey."

She nods her head once more, biting her lips in a small smile, and then turns around and walks to the truck.

Dawson watches her walk away. Joey gets into the truck, turns on the engine and they wave goodbye to each other when Joey is ready to leave. The car leaves the Leery´s property as Dawson follows it with his gaze. After that, he closes the door slowly.

OPENING CREDITS

The Potter’s backyard

After her round of confirmations (well actually, she only had to go to the Witter’s and Jack’s), Joey arrives back to the Potter B&B. She stops in the yard, turns off the engine and sighs.

‘Chicken’ she scolds herself, going back in her mind to her meeting with Dawson earlier.

She rests in the driver’s seat and closes her eyes, passing a hand over her face.

‘I can’t do it. I can’t go inside that house and tell him that I wanna be with him. I can’t’

Still sitting in there, her arms extended as she is grabbing the steel wheel, she looks over her pier to Dawson’s house. So close, but yet so far.

‘And you know why you can’t do that? Because he wouldn’t believe it? How could he?’

She remembers his words in the car, not so long ago, when she received the call from Chris...'And now the triangle becomes a square.' And he was right. ‘First Chris, but you left him to go back to Pacey. Then, you leave Pacey and now what? Go back to Dawson?’

She sighs again.

"My therapist is so gonna love this," she says to the empty family truck. Then she finally steps out of it as Audrey comes out through the front door of the house.

"Hey, Joey!. Good morning!"

"Good morning?" Joey can’t help but laugh. "Audrey, it's almost noon."

"Yeah I know, I overslept a little today," she says casually, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, just a little," Joey teases her. "And where are you going now?"

"I’m going to Jack’s. I wanna check on him because he seems to be down and all that, you know. And Andie and I are doing some last minute shopping after lunch. I think I’m a bad influence for the girl. We’ll be back in time for the Christmas dinner, of course," Audrey says, winking at her. "Wanna come?"

"No, I've got things to do," Joey says, shaking her head lightly.

"Is everything okay?" Audrey asks, suddenly sounding concerned. Joey looks at her innocently.

"Yeah, everything is fine. Just a little stressed with work and stuff, you know," Joey replies, waving her hands as resting importance to the matter. Audrey just stares intensely at her.

"Are you sure?"

Joey grins and nods her head. Audrey raises her eyebrows.

"Okay then," she sighs "See you later, bunny."

Joey smiles at her amused. Seems like she will be Audrey’s 'bunny' for the rest of her life.

"Later, Audrey," she waves her goodbye as Audrey heads off to her own car.

Then Joey opens the door of the house and is welcomed by a warm wave of heat and the smell of the food being cooked. As she said to Audrey, there are a lot of things to do still.

The Potter’s backyard, later that day

"Bring enough food, Mom?" Dawson laughs as he gets out of the van and takes a dish from Gale. "I do think Bodie may have cooked something up for Christmas dinner."

"I tried to stop her," Gale's husband, John, breaks in. "But she just kept on baking. And I, of course, was her willing taste tester."

"And I frosted the cookies!" Lilly calls out as she runs past Gale, John, and Dawson and rings the doorbell of the Potter B&B.

"Hi, everyone," Joey answers the door.

"Hi," Lily bounds past her and into the house to search for Alex.

"How are you, sweetie?" Gale hugs Joey. "Don't you look pretty."

"Thanks," Joey blushes a little at the compliment. "So do you."

"John," Joey gives him a small hug. Though she spent Thanksgiving with him, Joey has never really had a real discussion with John. It's still a little weird sometimes when she looks up and sees him when she's expecting Mitch. But John is a decent man and she wants to get to know him better.

"We should get all this food set up," Gale walks into the foyer.

"I'll take that." John reaches for the dish that Dawson is still carrying.

Now it's Dawson and Joey alone on the porch.

"So…," Dawson begins.

"So…"

"The place looks great," Dawson says as he glances at the holly and garland decorating the porch.

The sound of crunching snow and laughter attracts their attention. They see Grams carefully navigating the path to the B&B, trailed by a giggling Andie and Audrey. Jack is taking Amy out of her car seat.

"For real?" Andie giggles.

"Yeah." Audrey laughs. "No joke. There we were, outside of this club in L. A., and Pacey´s pants are undone and he's about to be arrested for public urination."

"Gross. Then what happened?"

"Well, these were the beginnings of my less than sober days and I'd had a little too much to drink. So I told the officer that wherever Pacey went, I went to, so he'd just have to arrest me, too. The cop said that I hadn't done anything wrong so he had no reason to arrest me. Now, keep in mind I was drunk. So I told him that I had done something wrong. I told him that I was a prostitute."

"No way!" Andie laughs as they make their way up the steps. "Did you guys get arrested?"

"Nah," Audrey dismisses the notion with a wave of her hand. "The cop got a call about a real crime and left us there. All because Pacey refused to use the men's room."

("Snow day" by Lisa Loeb starts playing in the background)

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that," Grams smirks as they all meet Dawson and Joey on the porch.

"Hey, guys!" Joey greets them as they all exchanged hugs.

"I'll take Amy," Grams says as she lifts the child out of Jack's arms. "She's probably overheated in her snowsuit."

"Thanks," Jack casually leans against the porch railing.

It´s a bad day

It's a train ride.

It's a bad day.

You're my medicine

"Oh, more people!" Audrey claps her gloved hands together and squeals in delight as the Witter's file out of their station wagon.

"Thank you so much for inviting us, JoAnn," Mrs. Witter gushes as she and Mr. Witter pass everyone and make their way into the house.

"At least she's consistent," Pacey shrugs as he consumed playfully by greetings from both Andie and Audrey. Joey just rolls her eyes but can’t help but smile.

It's a snow day.

It's a full moon.

It's a snow day.


"Dougie!" Joey hugs Doug. "It's good to see you again."

"You too, JoAnn," he says as he elbows her a bit. "You know, I never get a chance to catch up with you, JoAnn."

"Doug," Pacey interrupts. "It's getting old."

When'd you get down to my bones?

Where'll I find that wishing stone?

The beads, the records,

all the calls, and the drinks alone.

"Gretchen!" Dawson bounds down the porch steps to meet her. "What are you doing here?" he exclaims.

"Not very glad to see me, huh?" she says as she opens her arms to him.

"Oh yes, I am," he laughs. "You look wonderful," he says as he sweeps her up into a hug.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Gretchen laughs as he finally releases her but keeps one arm casually slung about her waist.

First by mind, then by music

you'll make this all less confusing.

It's a slow dive down,

a fast distraction,

a strange fall forward

my lame reaction.

Joey looks upon the scene in surprise. Gretchen was the last person that she expected to see today. Why didn't anyone tell her? Still, Joey attempts to keep her face neutral.

"Something wrong, Potter?" Pacey asks. His back is turned from everyone else, so he doesn't see what could be bothering her.

It's a bad day.

It's a long ride.

It s a bad day.

You're my medicine

Before Joey even has a chance to make up an excuse, a snowball flies by and hits Pacey square on the back of his head. Joey opens and covers her mouth in a silent laughter of surprise, her eyes open wide.

Andie's laugh identifies her as the perpetrator.

"You're gonna regret that!" Pacey shouts as he jumps the porch railing and scoops up a handful of snow and lops it in Andie's direction. Unfortunately, he misses his target when Andie graciously turns around quicker than he expected her to.

It's a sinking feeling,

pulls me through the seat of chairs.

When will you come rescue me,

find solace, and then take me there?

"Aghh!" Doug, who was coming behind Andie to greet her is the one who is hit. He wipes the snow out of his face and glares at his brother, but you can see the laughter in his eyes. "You're dead, little brother," he exclaims as he bows down to catch some snow to throw at him.

Everyone laughs and take positions to join in on the snowball fight. Pacey immediately finds himself double-teamed by Audrey and Andie. Jack throws snowballs in all directions and is joined by Gretchen, Doug, Dawson and Joey.

You'll say, "You re not too tired for this life,

and it's not gonna matter if you fall down twice.

You're not too tired for this life, and

it's not gonna matter if you fall down twice. "

Dawson gets hit in the chest from a snowball Doug sent speeding his way. With revenge in mind, Dawson grabs a fistful of snow and takes a giant step back, ready to throw. Before he even knows what happened, he finds himself on the ground. Well, not on the ground, on top of Joey, his legs tangled in hers.

They freeze for a moment, both unwilling and unable to move. Joey can feel her cheeks tinge crimson as her gaze is chained to Dawson’s.

When' d you get down to my bones?

Where' ll I find that wishing stone?

The beads, the records,

all the calls, and the drinks alone.

Dawson manages to bring himself to his feet and extends a hand to Joey. Grateful, she takes it and allows Dawson to help her to her feet.

"Sorry about that," Dawson says. They can only smile diminutive smiles.

Joey nods her head. "No problem." Tension is clearly in the air but just then… A snowball hits her without mercy.

It's a bad day.

2 miles to go.

"Hey!" she yells in the direction of where the snowball came from and she soon regrets it as another snowball almost hits her.

It's a bad day.

You're my medicine.

Someone takes her hand and makes her run for cover. She turns around and realizes it's Dawson. She smiles to herself. Of course it's him.

"You’re gonna regret that, Jack!" Dawson yells at their friend, who was the one who threw the offensive snowball.

You'll say, "you're not too tired for this life,

And it's not gonna matter if you fall down twice

"You won’t say that to my face," he yells, but then he is hit by more snow, this time coming from Audrey.

"Ten points!" she yells, raising her arms in victory.

You're not too tired for this life,

And it's not gonna matter if you fall down twice. "

Dawson and Joey are behind one of the cars now, watching everybody fight, run, laugh, fall and get up again.

You're my medicine.

You're my medicine.

And it's not gonna matter if you fall down twice
And it's not gonna matter if you fall down twice

"I'll take the left and you take the right. What do you say?" Dawson asks her, looking at her with a mischievous smile.

You're my medicine.

You're my medicine.


"I say…," she says as she grabs some snow, "LET´S GO FOR IT!!!"

And the two of them step out of their refuge, as accorded, throwing snowballs in all directions, joining the rest of the group in the fun. As they keep on going, laughing and fighting, the camera goes up and we can see the whole group from above still playing around.

It’s a long ride.

Later in the Potter´s house.

"Here," Dawson hands Lily the last ball that needed to be hung on the Potter’s Christmas tree and she obediently hangs it, with his help, high on the tree. Then the two of them stepped back to watch it. Truth be told, the tree seems to be a little overdecorated. But it had been Joey’s idea that everyone would bring some Christmas decorations to place all around the house and on the tree, so it would look more like home for everybody.

"It looks nice," Lily says. "And I really like the angel," she adds, pointing to the little blond angel that is now resting on the top of the Christmas tree.

"That is your angel, you know," Dawson tells her with a smile on his face that Lily returns.

"It is?" she asks, sensing that her usual Christmas story is coming her way.

"Wanna hear about it?" he asks, knowing what the answer will be. Lily nods her head and flops herself on the sofa. "Okay," Dawson says, and sits down next to her. She cuddles in his arms fussily. Dawson smiles.

"When Mom and Dad found out you were coming into this world…"

"I was such a surprise, wasn’t I?" Lily asks giggling.

Dawson laughs. "Yes, you can say that. You created quite a shock, actually." Lily just giggles some more.

"Well, when they knew about you, Dad was immediately taken with the idea. So when they finally made up their minds about it and decided that you being born was the best news ever..." he says, leaning towards her and pressing his finger to the tip of her nose, making her wrinkle it and push his hand away playfully, "Dad wanted to do something really special about it. He kept saying that you were going to be the angel in the family, and he was convinced that you were going to be a girl. So it was Christmas, and he went to this Christmas store. And we were shopping around, and suddenly he came to Mom and me with his eyes sparkling and saying that he had found the perfect present for you. And he showed us that angel," Dawson says, pointing to the angel on the tree. "He said that it would watch over you each Christmas and that he was going to start this tradition of the father lifting the daughter to put the angel on top each year," he can’t help but look over to the angle with a contemplative look on his face as he says that. Lily looks over to it as well, with a smile on her face.

"And tell me about the time you two smoked a cigar in the treehouse that is in our backyard, while Mom was having the baby party," Lily asks, grinning widely.

Dawson chuckles. "That was fun. I didn’t even light it, but it made me feel…good. To be there, sharing that with my father."

Lily smiles at him and leans on his chest, resting her head on it as Dawson passes an arm around her little shoulders and keeps on going with the little stories about Mitch that he knows she loves to hear. As he promised his father, his daughter knows who he was, and he is glad to keep that promise year after year.

"And there he was. He hadn’t heard me go down the stairs, so he was totally unaware that I was there listening. It was late at night and he was just there in his pyjamas. He had you in his arms and was whispering sweet nothings to you while rocking you to sleep. He would caress your cheek and kiss your forehead every now and then. I think I had never seen him being that sweet to anyone. You know, he loved me and he hugged me a lot when I was a child, but it was different because I was a boy. But you wouldn’t believe the things he would say to you," he laughed and Lily laughed along with him, trying to remember the touch of a father that was so long gone.

Dawson kisses the top of her head, and just as his father had looked down to Lily so sweetly years ago, so he was looking down to her now. But this time, Joey was the silent and involuntary witness of the moment exchanged between Dawson and his sister. She was about to turn around and leave when Lily spots her.

"Hey, Joey," she said dreamingly, Dawson’s arms still wrapped around her lovingly.

"Hey," Joey mouthed more that said, smiling at her. Then her gaze met Dawson in the dim light of the room bathed only by the fireplace.

"Sorry. We kinda camped in here without worrying if you guys might need our help on something or whatever," Dawson said, starting to straighten up on the sofa, as if to stay on his feet. But Joey quickly stops him.

"No, no. It's okay. No problem at all. I was coming exactly for the same reason...to see if you needed any help. It’s okay. You can stay here for as long as…"

But her words were cut by Alex, who comes in looking for Lily.

"Lily, let’s go outside. My mom and your mom gave us permission to make angels in the snow!" he says excitedly.

Lily’s gaze diverts to the angel on the Christmas tree and then goes to Dawson, who smiles at her and nods his head. Lily smiles even wider and then trots out of the room, following Alex.

The room seems to be empty now, as only Dawson and Joey remain there. Just like that, though, Dawson makes room on the sofa for her. And without a word, Joey sits there.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey," she mutters, smiling at him. "That was really sweet," she says.

"You think?" he asks, mildly embarrassed.

Joey just nods her head and smiles a little more to him.

The Potter´s main room

We can hear Andie’s laughter mingling with Gretchen's as Audrey ends her latest Pacey story.

"And I swear everything I said is true!" she finishes it, nodding her head vigorously.

"And I believe you!" Andie replies, still laughing.

"You know? This is starting to lose its appeal. That is, if it ever had any," Pacey complains with a drink in his hand, just like the rest of the group.

"Poor Pacey," Gretchen pouts at him and Pacey mockingly glares at her with his eyes narrowed. "I agree that hearing the most embarrassing moments of your life coming from two ex-girlfriends may not be that fun," she aggress with him but laughs just the same.

"Oh, yes. But they can thank the heavens above, because I am a gentleman and I’m not telling theirs. Like that day in L.A, when Ms. Bimbo here entered this shop pretending she was…"

"Oh, shut up! Shut up!" Audrey exclaims, hitting him with her hand repeatedly and everybody laughs as Pacey tries to shield himself.

"And speaking of L.A, how come you’re not spending your Christmas there? Did your parents make an excuse about them not being home so you wouldn’t go or what?" Pacey jokes. But as soon as he sees Audrey’s face, he regrets his words.

"Actually, it’s true that they’re not home," she says, shrugging her shoulders casually. "They went on a cruise. They asked me to go with them, but I declined. I mean, who wants to be on a cruise filled with old people singing carols and reminiscing about times you've never heard about?" and with that, she sips some of her coke.

Pacey sends her a sympathetic look and is about to say something when Andie interrupts.

"You’re right!", she says emphatically, "and I toast to that," she adds, raising her glass.

"Me, too!" Gretchen joins her quickly.

"Me, too!" Pacey adds as Audrey toast with her drink too, nodding her head.

"It’s just like in the hospital. I love it there, but I swear, each one of those work cocktail parties, or whatever you want to call them, that they organize from time to time just kill me. I swear it’s true that I love my job, but I dedicate almost twenty-four hours a day to it. So when I’m not working, I just wanna stop talking about it, you know? But put two doctors in a room, and you won’t be able to escape the medical talk."

"I’m not hearing what I’m hearing," Pacey says, looking at her incredibly.

Andie returns his gaze with an inquiring face. "What do you mean?"

"I mean the compulsive, perfectionist Andie who could not stop studying, even if her life depended on it, can actually break free from her doctorate and not think about work in her free time?" he asks, faking a shocked expression. Andie just narrows her eyes.

"You know what, Pacey? Believe it or not, I know how to loosen up now," she says, lifting her chin half defiantly, half joking.

"I’ll believe it when I see it," he retorts back, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Okay, okay! It’s Christmas, so let’s keep the Christmas spirit," Gretchen says raising her hands as Audrey watched the exchange with attention, her gaze diverting from one to another.

Andie sticks her tongue out to Pacey and he laughs.

"So what about you, Gretchen?" Audrey inquires.

"What about me?" she asks, smiling at Audrey.

"Well, we´ve heard about me. We know more than we ever needed to about this guy here," she points to Pacey. "We know that Andie now knows how to loosen up…"

"Thanks," Andie says.

"Whatever," Pacey replies.

"You’re welcome." Audrey’s continues, ignoring Pacey´s protests. "But what about you? You have something to share?"

Gretchen feels everyone's eyes on her, so she feels as if she needs to say something.

"Well, I’m working in the publicity department of a magazine, which is what I always wanted and where I met my current boyfriend. And that’s basically it," she says.

"That’s all?" Audrey asks, not quite believing it.

"Yeah, that’s all," Gretchen says, pretending not to notice Pacey´s inquisitive gaze.

Back to the Potter’s dinning room

Dawson and Joey are still sitting on the sofa, right where we left them.

"Well, so here we are" she says, leaning comfortably against the back of the sofa. "Another year that's almost gone."

"Yeah...same old, same old." Dawson agrees, leaning on the back of the sofa just like her. Their postures mirror each other’s, which is something that happens with them a lot, although they've never truly realized it.

"It’s been a weird year, hasn’t it? Well, the last few months at least, right?" Joey asks, her gaze fixed on the lights on the tree.

"Yes, it has. I think I’m still getting used to everything that has happened," Dawson replies, the look on his face as contemplative as hers.

"The best part of it has been you coming back to this side of the country, though," Joey says turning to him with a warm look in her eyes. "I’ve missed this. I’ve missed us." She smiles at him.

"Me, too." he replies, smiling back.

"I mean, being in New York with you is great, but being here makes it all different. As if…it's more real, you know?"

"I know what you mean. Being here in Capeside brings back so many memories. It’s almost like being back to the person you used to be," he says.

"And that can be both a good and a bad thing," she says, a pensive expression on her face.

"Meaning that you may have the risk of being haunted by old ghosts? So it's good because that way you can deal with them once and for all, but at the same time it's bad because they can mislead you to the wrong conclusions?" Dawson asks, looking at her inquiringly.

"Yeah, something like that. Scary, isn’t it?" Joey asks.

"Yeah." He agrees, nodding his head. "By the way, um...I’m going back to L.A tomorrow," he drops the bomb.

"What? For how long?" she asks, surprised.

"Probably until New Year's. There are some things I need to fix with the show."

"I thought you were taking a step back and all that?" she asks.

"And I did. Or I tried to at least. But I just can’t get myself unattached from it that easily, you know? It’s our history after all."And he is silent after that, as if he had said more than he wanted to.

"I’m just sorry that you have to leave after all the plans we had made," Joey says disappointed. Dawson sighs.

"I know. That’s why I didn’t know how to tell you. I promise to make up for it, alright?" he announces, smiling at her reassuringly.

"You better," she jokes, pushing him. The truth is, she had been looking forward to that time with him, but oh well. She laughs when he pushes her back. "Stop it!" and she moves away from his reach. They just look at each other with big smiles in their faces.

("Believe in you" by Amanda Marshall starts playing in the background)

"Okay, I can’t take it anymore," Joey says all of a sudden.

"What?" Dawson asks puzzled as she stands up and goes to the Christmas tree. She comes back with a present.

Somewhere there's a river

Looking for a stream

"Merry Christmas!" she beams as she hands him the wrapped box. Dawson looks up at her and smiles before unwrapping it under her expecting gaze.

Somewhere there's a dreamer
Looking for a dream

"Oh, a cell phone," he says, holding the cell in front of him with a funny look on his face.

Somewhere there's a drifter
Trying to find his way

"It’s not only a cell phone, but it's the cell phone of all cell phones," Joey says. "It has a notebook incorporated, a web cam, it can send and receive emails, take pictures… everything! It’s almost a mini computer," she says excited. "That way you can communicate much easier with the people you need to communicate with. You know, with your job and all that." She ends her resume of the cell phone’s capacities with a big grin.

Somewhere someone's waiting
To hear somebody say

"I thought you hated it when we got interrupted by phone calls and all that every time we went out," he asks amused.

"And I do," she shrugs her shoulders. "But I know it's important to you, so I want you to have the best you can have."

Dawson just looks at her, and for some reason she can’t comfort his gaze. He caresses her face and she smiles at him.

"Thanks."

"You’re welcome."


I believe in you
I can't even count the ways that
I believe in you
And all I want to do is help you to
Believe in you

"Okay, my turn now," he says, jumping off of the sofa and rubbing his hands.

Somewhere there's an angel
Trying to earn his wings

She watches as he reaches for a present under the tree. Then he goes back to the sofa.

"Here," he says, as he hands her the present quietly.


Somewhere there's a silent voice
Learning how to sing

Joey unwraps the gift with a big grin and is stunned by what she sees. She looks up at Dawson and he smiles.


Some of us can't move ahead
We're paralyzed with fear

It’s a crystal pen, with different, warm colors (yellow, orange, red) fading into each other. It almost looks like a magical pen...like anything could come out from it. It comes along with a bottle of ink and a paper pad of beautifully aged yellow pages..


And everybody's listening
'Cause we all need to hear

"Dawson, it's beautiful," she says, under her breath.

I believe in you
I can't even count the ways that
I believe in you
And all I want to do is help you to
Believe in you

"I know you love your work. But, you know, I think you were such a talented writer. And I think… I think that maybe you could go back to it, even if it's just for fun, you know?" he explains himself nervously as he feels Joeys eyes upon him. But then he finally looks at her and smiles.

I will hold you up
I will help you stand
I will comfort you when you need a friend
I will be the voice that's calling out

"Thanks," she says heartfelt.


And there are just so many ways that
I believe in you
Baby, what else can I do but believe in you - believe in you

"You’re welcome. Anything for my best friend." And they grin at each other.

All I want to know is you believe - believe in you