Login     Help

Did I Walk Into Your Dream? by Adia

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
You come out at night
That's when the energy comes
In the dark side's light
And the vampires roam
You stretch your rasta wear
And your suicide pole
And a cross from a faith that died
Before Jesus came
You're building a mystery
You live in a church
Where you sleep with voodoo dolls
And you won't give up the search
For the ghosts in the halls
You wear sandals in the snow
Can you look out the window
Without your shadow getting in the way?
You're so beautiful
With an edge and charm
And I'm so careful
When I'm in your arms
Cause you're working
Building a mystery
Holding on and holding it in
Yeah you're working
Building a mystery
And choosing so carefully
You woke up screaming aloud
A prayer from your secret god
You give us a tantrum
And a know it all grin
Just what the need was
When the evening was thin
You're a beautiful
A beautiful fucked up man
You're setting up your
Razor wire shrine
Cause you're working
Building a mystery
Holding on and holding it in
Yeah you're working
Building a mystery
And choosing so carefully
Ooh you're working
Building a mystery
Holding on and holding it in
Yeah you're working
Building a mystery
And choosing so carefully
Yeah you're working
Building a mystery
Holding on and holding it in
Yeah you're working
Building a mystery
And choosing so carefully
You're building a mystery

-'Building a Mystery'
Sarah McLachlan

Joey Potter sat up still a little groggy from sleeping; she was in Dawson's room; they were all at movie night.

*This floor is too hard* She thought sleepily as she yawned, Joey looked up on the bed there was only on lump in it; She climbed up on the bed and got underneath the covers and snuggled up in a ball.

Her dark brown hair covered her face and she sighed and opened her eyes, *well I am wide-awake now* Joey sat up and turned to the lump.

She pulled back the covers and sees it's Pacey *What! I thought it was Dawson! * She started to climb out of the bed when he whimpered she looked at him the moonlight reflecting on his sad and innocent expression.

*Good he is still a sleep* but then she looked closer and she saw tear stains down his cheeks *How can someone be so sad in a world made up in their mind? * She scooted closer to him and decided to stay there and she will worry about the reactions in the morning, right now Pacey looked to alone for her to just leave him.

*Why do I always give him a hard time? He isn't that bad…* Her thoughts were disrupted by his arms holding her tightly as if she was his life line, *I have seen him with Andie… He was so sweet, and all those things he's done for me… me! Dawson never did any of those things for me* She stroked his hair and the way she felt right now reminded her of 'Building a Mystery' by Sarah McLachlan but of course that song always reminded her of Pacey for some odd reason…

"You're so beautiful With an edge and charm and I'm so careful when I'm in your arms" she sang quietly into his hair… *That verse just fits the moment right now. *

Joey sat there for hours thinking and watching him *Pacey is perfect I don't know why Andie wanted to change him… yeah he needs encouragement but he doesn't need to be changed. Why is it that when I find love for another they are somehow unconscious, with Dawson… well I don't think I really loved Dawson like that, but he was completely oblivious, Jack it was his sexuality, and now Pacey who is currently drooling on my pillow. *

She looked over at Pacey, He had moved his head on to her pillow with his arms tightly around her middle and a leg protectively over hers… basically she couldn't move and she liked it.

Joey looked around the room the sun was coming up and she could make out who the lumps were; Dawson was in his chair, Jen was next to the TV, Andie was at the foot of the bed were she used to be, and Jack was next to the window.

Joey heard a few yawns and stretches from Andie and closed her eyes. Andie Got up and looked at the couple who were on the bed she smiled widely, turned around, and grabbed Dawson's camera. *Oh this is going to make a great picture* Andie thought as she quickly snapped a picture of them. She giggled and took the camera down stairs.

*Oh no! What's Pacey going to say? He probably will be so embarrassed and I… they are going to figure out that I was awake! My hair wasn't messy and I had my eyes closed too tight Dawson is going to analyze it to death and then… Oh shit! Pacey will know! And my life will be ruined just because on one stupid picture! Pacey doesn't even like me! I don't think I could take it if he rejected me! Oh Damn! * Joey opened her eyes and noticed Jen smiling at her "G' morning Joey…" she said lightly and looked at Pacey who was still cuddled next to her.

"I had a clue you liked him… I just never thought…" she chuckled "it was that bad." Tears shined in Joey's eyes and Jen immediately stopped smiling "Oh Joey I am sorry…" she came towards Joey and spoke softly "Do you want to keep it a secret?" Joey nodded her head slightly.

Jen laughed a little and Joey looked at her hurt "Oh no I wasn't laughing at you I was just wondering…" Jen said whispered and Joey looked at her asking "Oh…What?" Jen smiled "How are you going to separate yourself from him?" Joey looked at Pacey and giggled softly… it was true she didn't think the 'Jaws of Life' would get him to let go.

For the next few minutes Jen and Joey tried to hatch a plan to get her out of his arms without waking him when they heard Jack laugh. They both looked at Jack and from his look he had an idea, "I have been sitting here listening to you two and I have a plan."

He smiled and took the back of Dawson's chair and rolled him out into the hall. When he came back into the room she saw the smiles on their faces… "Yes, I just rolled a sleeping Dawson into the hall."

Jack walked over to Andie's book-bag and pulled out a feather pin and started tickling Pacey in the ear but that just made him hold her tighter. After many attempted tries they decided to wake him up.

"Jack and I are going to check on Dawson while you try to get him up," Jen said tugging Jack out the door with a big grin on her face. They disappeared out the door while Joey looked at Pacey; she didn't want to wake him up but she had to do something. "Pacey…" she said while she gently shook him.

Pacey slowly opened his eyes; he looked at Joey's face… he couldn't read the emotion on it and then was well aware of why she was shaking him. He un-tangled himself from her in deep embarrassment "I-I am r-really s-s-sorry."

His face was a deep shade of red and hers was a light shade of pink; he looked at her confused "What were you doing in the bed? didn't you sleep on the floor?" Joey looked down at her hands "the floor got too hard and I didn't know you were the one…" she trailed off.

"I knew you couldn't resist my charm Josephine…" Pacey said with a smirk on his face "in your dreams Witter" Joey said laughing.

"Every night Potter" he said half-jokingly; she smiled "I know…" Pacey looked at her with his eyebrows raised but she got up. "We better go get something to eat before everyone eats everything" Joey said while walking out into the hall.

Pacey got up and followed her and while they were walking down the stairs he looked at her confused "Joey, why is Dawson asleep in the hall?"