Login     Help

Butterflies by Adrienne

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Thursday Camp Campbell Schedule
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
7:00am- wake up/showers
7:30am- breakfast
8:00am- first mini-class
10:00am- second mini-class
12:00pm- lunch
12:30pm- group time
1:00pm- third mini-class
3:00pm- fourth mini-class
5:00pm- free time
6:00pm- dinner
7:00pm- free time
8:00pm- camp fire
10:00pm- lights out for campers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


6:30am
"Hurry up Brook!" Angela yelled at the occupied shower.

"It's still my turn!" Brook yelled back. A large grumbling line of girls had formed in the bathroom waiting for their turn. The arguing escalated until a very unhappy and tired looking Joey stumbled into the bathroom.

"What are you all doing up so early?" she mumbled sleepily. "It's 6:30, you're not supposed to be up until 7."

"If we don't get in line now, the hot water will run out!" Lexi protested. Joey sighed and groggily made her way back to her bed. A few minutes later she was back in the bathroom with a towel and her shower bag.

"If the hot water's running out, I'm cutting." Joey announced pushing her way to the front of the line.

"No fair, you can't cut." Angela, who was at the front, protested.

"I can too. I'm the counselor and anyways you all woke me up early so unless you want me grumpy all day..."

"Go ahead Joey," Angela sighed rolling her eyes a bit.

By the time everyone was finished showering, it was nearly 7:30 and time for breakfast. Joey rushed her girls out the door and to the dining hall in record time. They sat down just as Mr. Williams made the check to see who was late. Disappointed that no one was late so that he could publicly humiliate them, Mr. Williams dismissed the counselors to go get the food.

"Hey Jo." Pacey smiled suddenly popping up behind her as a mob of counselors made their way to the food counter.

"Hi Pacey," she said almost shyly giving him one of her 100 watt smiles. Pacey flashed her a knowing smile back and whispered something into her ear causing her to blush and smile broadly.

"Did you just see that Jen?" Dawson whispered to the blond girl next to him from their position across the room.

"See what?" she said looking around.

"Pacey and Joey. They were acting kind of weird and secretive. I haven't seen Joey smile like that in the longest time either." Dawson furrowed his brow, intently watching his friends.

"Dawson," Jen said observing the pair. "I don't see them acting any differently than they always do." She turned to Dawson when he didn't answer to see a far off look in his eyes. "Dawson Leery, you aren't jealous are you?"

"Me? Jealous of Pacey? Nah, he's just... Jo would never... you don't think I have anything to worry about do you Jen?" he said with a worried look.

"Pacey wouldn't do that," Jen said leading Dawson back to their tables just before Pacey put his arm around Joey and whispered some more into her ear.

"Pacey!" she giggled in delight, "I don't think that qualifies as an extracurricular activity."

"It was worth a shot," he smiled. "So when are we anyways?"

"When are we what?" she inquired picking up a plate full of cereal bowls.

"Going to have our talk," he said seriously grabbing his own plateful of bowls.

"Umm...are you going with your group to their first mini-class after breakfast?" she asked as they made their way through the crowd back to their tables.

"They can do without me," he smiled as they sat down at their respective tables.

The rest of breakfast was uneventful and soon the counselors where shipping theirs kids off to their first mini-class. Just as Joey ushered the last of her girls out the door, she spotted Pacey waiting for her in the corner of the dining hall. She smiled at him and walked over. The talked quietly for a minute then slipped out the back door.

"Did you just see that Jen!?" Dawson said in disbelief pointing toward the empty back half of the room.

"See what Dawson?" Jen said surveying the empty space.

"Pacey and Joey. They just whispered something among themselves again and left. Together! Alone!" he said, trying to prove his theory.

"Dawson. Are you sure you're not seeing things? You keep saying Pacey and Joey are acting weird, but I haven't seen it. No one else has but you Dawson. I think you just miss having Joey around all the time more than you'd like to admit." Jen said losing interest in the subject and turning to leave.

"I'm sure of it Jen. Something's up. I'm going to follow them," he said jogging off toward the back door.

"Wait! Dawson wait!" she said following him. "You shouldn't be poking your nose into their business. They're probably just off working on a school project or something."

"I'm still going," he said exiting the building.

"Well, I'm coming with you then," she said following him through the door.

"Fine."

"Fine." The pair headed of in search of the elusive Joey and Pacey.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pacey come on," Joey said, hand in hand with Pacey, as he drug her up the steep incline of the hill the were scaling. "When are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Not just yet Miss Josephine. You'll see soon enough." Pacey smiled as he pulled her up the hill. Joey sighed and let him lead her to the top.

"Pacey!" she smiled as they reached the top. "It's so beautiful here!" At the top of the miniature mountain was a grassy plateau covered with vibrant wild flowers which had a magnificent view of the entire camp as well as the ocean. "How'd you find this?"

"Truth be told Potter I had no idea this was up here. I just saw the base of the hill and thought where ever it lead it would be a good place for us to talk," he shrugged.

"Pacey," she laughed happily. "I still love it. I can't believe you didn't know this was up here." Joey stood by the edge and took a deep breath of the fresh air. Pacey stood behind her admiring the view with a hand on her hip.

"Come on Joey. Let's go sit down and begin our dreaded talk." Pacey said turning and walking over to a puffy patch of grassy taking a seat. As Joey neared, he reclined back and looked into the clear sky. Joey took a seat next to him, lying her head on his stomach so they were in a perpendicular position.

"Okay Pace. Shoot."

"I have to start?" he groaned. "Well, were should we start. The multitude of kisses, the midnight escapades, the constant hand holding."

"Well, when you put it that way Pacey," she smiled.

"Okay, I get to pick. How do you feel about Dawson?"

"That wasn't one of the choices!" Joey protested.

"So you don't have an answer?"

"Dawson who?" Joey said smiling as she rolled on her side lying on Pacey chest.

"Good answer. So where does that leave us? Are we an us?" Pacey said propping himself up on his elbows and smiling down at her.

"I'd like us to be an us," she smiled leaning forward on his chest so their noses were touching.

"Me too," he smiled before kissing her.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jen I'm not going back! I want to find out what they're up to first," Dawson said scaling the hill.

"Dawson! We've looked all over camp! This is the last possible place they could be. If we don't find them will you promise that we can go back to camp?" Jen complained as she almost slipped trying to make her way up the hill.

"Fine Jen. I promise that if we don't find Pacey and Joey when we reach the top we'll go back to camp." Dawson said as the top of the hill came into view.