Login     Help

Butterflies by Adrienne

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It was 10:30pm and finally all of Joey's girls had fallen asleep. Joey was lying on her bed staring at the ceiling. She could here the other counselors outside enjoying themselves. Joey looked over at the digital alarm clock she had brought which read 10:32pm. Joey sighed at how pathetic she was and turned her attention back to the ceiling. While the other counselors where out having fun, there she was lying on her bed in the dark, dressed only in her bathing suit, waiting for Pacey.

"Jo?" a very tedious and unsure voice came from the stairs.

"Yeah Pace?" she whispered back just as quietly, instantly knowing it was him.

"Can I come up?" he whispered.

"Yeah, third cubicle on the left." she replied scooting toward the wall and leaving half of her bed open for Pacey to sit. About ten seconds later she felt Pacey flop down next to her.

"So what are you doing hanging out alone in your room Jo?" he said just loud enough only she could here him.

"I'm not alone." she smiled.

"So you want to go take a walk?"

"Where to Pacey?"

"You'll see." he said rising a pulling her up.

"Just a minute." she said slipping on a pair of jean shorts and thong sandals. Pacey was also dressed in his beach wear donning a pair a knee-length boarder shorts and an opened button-down shirt with strapy-velcro guy sandals. Joey quietly followed him downstairs and along the trail to the beach, carefully avoiding other night-going counselors. When they reached the beach, Pacey and Joey took off their sandals and left them by a nearby log. "I though we weren't going to the beach until later." Joey said as her and Pacey began to stoll along the water's edge.

"So I'm an impatient guy. Can't we just walk and talk for awhile before we dive on in?" he said looking at Joey.

"Sure Pace." They strolled in silence for about a minute, both illuminated by the moonlight reflecting off the water's surface. "Pacey."

"Joey." they both started at the same time.

"Go ahead Jo." Pacey said.

"I was just wondering, do you miss Andie." she said rather innocently.

"No Jo. Why would I miss her when I have you." he said taking her hand as they continued to stoll in silence. Pacey felt Joey shiver in the crisp night air. "Are you could Jo?" he said with concern.

"A little."

"Here." he said stopping, taking off his shirt, and putting it on Joey.

"Thanks Pace." she said admiring the way the moonlight now shown off his bare chest. "Aren't you cold though?" she said genuinely concerned.

"Nah Jo. Im tough." he smiled re-taking her hand as if it were the most natural thing in the world. "Let's just sit here for a moment." Pacey said taking a seat and pulling Joey down between his legs before she could protest. Tiredly Joey leaned back against his chest and Pacey wrapped his arms around her. "Joey?"

"Yeah Pace?"

"Do you miss Dawson?"

"Why would I miss him when I have you?" she smiled throwing his words back at him.

"You'd rather be with me than Dawson?" he happily smiled.

"Anytime."

"Joey?" he whispered.

"Yeah?" she whispered back.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered into her ear. Joey froze, 'Why would Pacey want to kiss me?' "Joey? he said a bit nervously.

"Yes." she stated plainly.

"Yes what?"

"Yes you can kiss me."