Login     Help

Butterflies by Adrienne

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"You'll NEVER guess what I just saw!" Andie said breathing rapidly.

"Well are you going to tell us or what? You've been saying that same thing for 5 minutes now Andie." Jen said a bit perturbed.

"Okay, okay. I was just getting there. Anyways, I was taking a casual walk along the beach enjoying the nice day when what did I stumble upon, none other than Joey and *my* Pacey going at it in the sand." she finished with a huff.

"I knew it!" Dawson yelled with a rising anger in his voice. "How could Pacey do this to me!" he suddenly broke down and began to sob with a sudden change of emotion. Andie started crying along with Dawson and fell to the ground with him.

"I think they're cute together." Jen smiled thoughtfully to herself ignoring the two hysterical people on the ground. "Speaking of the young couple.." Jen said as Joey and Pacey ran toward them hand in hand. The pair stopped short when they saw Dawson and Andie on the ground.

"We can explain." Joey said looking at the scene the two lovelorn teenagers were causing.

"Joey how could you. We're soulmates! I love you Joey!" Dawson said rising.

"No Dawson. We have barely even spoken to each other for months. We had a rocky relationship the whole time and now I'm happy with Pacey. Can't you just be happy for me?" Joey said clutching Pacey's hand.

"It's just hurts Jo." he said, his tears subsiding.

"I know Dawson and I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I love Pacey with all my heart but I don't want to lose your friendship. You know we were never meant to be Dawson. If we were we'd still be together now. I just wish that someday you'll be as happy as me." she said releasing Pacey's hand and giving Dawson a comforting hug.

"I'll be okay Jo. I'm happy that you're so happy." He approached Pacey, "Well I told you to take care of her man. You just better not let me down." he said giving Pacey one of those guy hugs.

"Thanks Dawson. You're a great guy."

"Best friends have to support each other Pace." Dawson smiled back at them.

"Pacey!" a moan came from the ground. "I'll still give you another chance! Please come back to me!"

"Andie we already went over this!" Pacey sighed.

"Andie." Jack said stepping up from his place in the observers. "I think you should come with me. We need to talk and you should get yourself cleaned up."

"Well, now that that's over." Joey smiled at Pacey and kissed him.

"My sentiments exactly Potter." he smiled back at her.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Later that night....


"So Joey?" Angela asked as the girls were putting their coats on for campfire. "What did yo do today?"

"Hung out with Pacey." she said simply.

"Are you sure you two aren't going out?" Carrie asked suspiciously.

"Actually no I'm not sure." she said gaining her girls attention. "Okay." she sighed as they gathered around her. "It all started when Pacey and I went swimming last night..." she started telling her tale to the eagerly awaiting girls.