Login     Help

Butterflies by Adrienne

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Jo, did you just hear something?" Pacey said breaking their kiss and giving her a concerned look.

"No," she smiled leaning in to kiss him again but Pacey stopped her.

"I'm serious Jo. I think I heard voices," he said sitting up and putting an arm around Joey so she wouldn't fall over.

"Who would come all the way up here?" she said straining to listen.

"Okay Dawson but this is it!" They distinctly heard the voice of Jen Lindley come from just a little ways down the hill.

"Pacey and Joey have to be up here. This is the last place we have to look." Dawson Leery's insistent voice made its way to them. Joey gave Pacey a horrified look.

"It's Dawson and Jen!" she whispered in utter surprise.

"And looking for us apparently," Pacey whispered back rising and pulling Joey up with him. "Come on, let's get out of here," he whispered and they ran to the opposite side of the hill and began to quickly make their way down.

"Did you just hear voices Jen?" Dawson asked as they finally neared the end of the half an hour climb.

"No, I didn't Dawson, and look. There's nobody up here anyway," she said bent over breathing heavily as they reached the top.

"I guess you right Jen. Let's head back down." Dawson said turning and heading right back down the path they'd just climbed.

"Dawson," she sighed and she forced herself to follow him, still exhausted from their trip up.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pacey, can we take a break?" she took a heavy breath as they reached the bottom of the hill.

"Sure Jo," he said stopping and letting her lean against his shoulder.

"Why were Jen and Dawson trying to follow us, Pacey?" Joey sighed looking up at Pacey while still leaning on her shoulder.

"I don't know Joey. Maybe they're jealous."

"Jealous of what Pacey?"

"Did you already forget about 'us'?" Pacey said with a tiny bit of concern.

"Pacey of course not! I meant they don't know about us so they wouldn't be jealous of us."

"Point taken Jo. Since we were interrupted, shall we go somewhere a little more private?"

"How about our barrack?"

"They'll never look there Jo!" he teased.

"At least we'll be able to here them coming sooner," she smiled as they walked off.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look Jen!" Dawson said pointing toward one of the large barracks as they finally made it back to camp.

"Look at what Dawson?!" Jen said exasperatedly pulling sticks out of her hair and brushing dirt off of her clothes.

"Pacey and Joey just went into that barrack!" he said grabbing her hand and taking off again before Jen had even thirty seconds to breathe.

"Dawson! We can't just go in there!" Jen scolded as they neared the entrance.

"Why not?" he said walking up the steps.

"For one it's not our barrack!" she said pointedly.

"But their ours friends. They won't mind. It's not like they're doing anything!" Dawson said stomping up the stairs with a frazzled Jen following him.

Joey and Pacey were lying on her bed making out for lack of a better word. "Weren't we going to talk?" Pacey asked between heated kisses.

"I don't remember anything about talking," she said kissing him again. Just then loud footsteps came from the stairs leading up to Joey's floor.

"Not again!" Joey whispered jumping off Pacey and quickly grabbing a text book next to her bed which she ungracefully chucked at Pacey who made a grunt as it hit him in the stomach. Joey hopped back onto the bed next to Pacey with a book of her own in record time just as Jen and Dawson turned the corner. "Oh hey you two!" Joey smiled looking up from her book and brushing a strand of tousled hair behind her ear.

"Hey Joey, Pacey." Jen smiled sitting down on the bed across from them.

"What are you two up to?" Pacey said shutting his 'French text book?! Smooth move Jo!'

"Just seeing what was up with you two. You've just been studying here the whole time?" Dawson said a tad bit too suspiciously.

"Yep. Just me and Pace and a bunch of words written by long since dead college professors." Joey smiled shutting her Biology book.

"Oh," Dawson said kind of disappointed his trek was in vain. "Well, Jen and I just wanted to see if you two wanted to, you know, hang out or something."

"Well, we could always use a study break." Pacey said standing, and carelessly chucking the book against the wall beside Joey bed, meriting him an evil look from her.

Just then a loud siren went off through camp signaling the end of the second session and the beginning of lunch. "Guess we'll have to take a rain check." Pacey said as the four exited the building and headed to the dining hall where they met up with their kids.

After lunch there was more group "bonding" time for a half an hour so Joey escorted her girls back to their barracks for some chatting. Like last time, Joey and her girls sat on the beds in her cubicle. "Well, did you girls have fun today?" Joey asked trying to start a conversation.

"We had to make people out of pine cones," Lexi said with annoyance.

"That sounds like it could be fun," Joey said trying to lift her girls spirits.

"It was a blast." Carrie said sarcastically, "So what did you do?"

"Pacey and I went for a hike," she said plainly.

"Ohhh...a romantic hike I bet!" Brook said in a teasing voice. Joey gave her a look of annoyance.

"Well, for your information Pacey and just....we're really good friends," she finished. 'Do I tell a bunch of sixth graders? I mean, we're not really *just friends*,' Joey mentally debated with herself.

"My friend Amber says her counselor likes Pacey," Angela spoke up.

"Who's her counselor," Joey asked with slight alarm. Now that Pacey was hers she did not intend to lose him so quickly.

"This ultra annoying girl Andie," Angela replied.

"Oh," Joey breathed a sigh of relief, "Andie is Pacey old girlfriend. He dumped her a few months ago. She's just still kind of hung up on him."

"So who's his girlfriend now?" Carrie asked curiously.

"Well, I am...not sure who is," she covered quickly.

"But you two are such good friends shouldn't you know?" Carrie persisted.

"I, well, look at the time! We have to get you to your next session!" Joey said bolting up and ushering them out the door. Just before she herself exited the door something grabbed her and pulled her into the unlit bottom floor of the guy's area.

"Hey where'd Joey go?" Steph said looking around after all the girls had exited the barrack.

"Who cares," said Jen, "we're going to be late." The girls quickly left to their next class.

Joey inhaled quickly in surprise as she was pulled onto the guys floor, but quickly calmed down when she realized it was only Pacey. "God you scared me!" she whispered at him.

"Well, if we plan on escaping the wrath of Dawson we need to find a better hiding place," he said leading her down the corridor.

"In your room?" she said confused.

"No lamo. We're going to sneak out the back," he said leading her to the back exit.

"Oh, gotcha," she said letting Pacey lead her to the door. He opened it a peered around making sure the coast was clear until they left. Quickly the pair turned the corner and headed off away from camp toward some bunkers hand in hand. Just as they disappeared over the horizon, a girl noticed them.

"It can't be," she said peering at them. "That's not Joey and Pacey holding hands!...is it? I have to go find out! I can't lose Pacey." A determined Andie McPhee quickly jogged after the pair.