Login     Help

Amazed by Aimee

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Notes

It's sad really when you think of the endless hours I've spent writing fan fiction, and the few responses I've actually gotten. So it'd be cool if people gave feedback on this one. :) Thanks, oh and to those who have given feedback on prior stories ... thanks! :) It's what makes me continue.
I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams
I don’t know how you do what you do
I’m so in love with you
it just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life
with you by my side
forever and ever
every little thing that you do,
baby I’m amazed by you.

The smell of your skin
the taste of your kiss
the way you whisper in the dark
your hair all around me
baby you surround me
you touch every place in my heart



The room was similar to what he remembered. Pastel walls, and on them ... paintings. Paintings abundant in color, hung straight as a stick. The furniture had been kept the same; the couch still vertically across from the firepit, the coffee tables at opposite ends. On the couch, was what he came for. Her. She slept silently, sometimes smiling at a good dream or something else he was not meant to know. All was present, except for the chair he sat in so many years ago, when his plan was to do exactly that which he was going to do now. In its place; another chair lay, looking disrespectful of its floor spaces former resident. He decided it would have to do anyway. He let his quivering figure relax into it, resting his arms over the sides. He leaned back, and took his first good glance at her. She too was as he remembered. Of course he had seen her no less than a few days ago, when she told him they were through.

They were through, and he should not have come. But, he sat for hours anyway, entangled in the beauty of her innocent movements, before realizing even a minute had passed. It was amazing, how much one person could be so bewitched by another, without that other even awake. And his own thoughts. His own thoughts were what killed him. That she was not his to stare at, or to touch, or to hold. It was almost too much. He sat open mouthed, breathing raggedly, interrupted occasionally by the need to swallow the building saliva from watching her. Her back moved as she herself breathed silently in the night, hypnotizing him, with its up and down motion. She had that kind of power and although she knew it, she didnt know how powerful it could be. She couldn‘t possibly know it now.

The once illuminating light from the fire was almost subjected to a low dim, as it crackled silently in the pit. He knew it would eventually die out, leaving only ashes for someone, most likely her, to clean up the next morning--Like their relationship. The fire could easily represent the two lovers, who once, were new and joyful. Their love ... abundant, such as the flames flickering from the pit. However that kind of love was not enough for her. She wanted something more--something deeper than lust, and more romantic than their dinners at the most elite fast-food restaurants he said he could find. Like the fire, her love for him had died.

At last, a small poof of smoke exhausted from the pit, and the light was gone. Her face was barely visible, but he had been staring at it for so long that he knew exactly where she was. It did not matter ... it was time to go.

He let a frustrated sigh slip out his dry lips, and ran a shaking hand through his solid brown hair. The room was dark enough, that if indeed she did wake up, she would not be able to see his tears that had snuck past him. He licked his lips before standing up and walking over to her. Without a thought of her reaction, he bent over and gently kissed her forehead.

As he left, he could have sworn he heard her smile.


The End